- Motto: Thanks to study in Czech Republic I obtained many interesting courses and conferences. I got high knowledge in molecular biology and genetics. All this motivated me to continue to work as a scientific researcher after my study.
- Country of origin: Ukraine
- Situation: Alumni (finished studying in the Czech Republic)
- Higher education institution: University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice
- Field of study: Fisheries
- Level of study: Doctoral
What made you decide to study in the Czech Republic?
My biggest motivation was the high level of education system and beauty of this country.
Did your studies meet your expectations? How did you find the study programme, instructors, university facilities? Were there any differences from studying in your country?
Yes, my study met my expectations. During my master studies at the Kharkiv National University of V. N. Karazin prof. Otomar Linhart visited us and gave a lecture. His lecture was about the structure and productivity of USB, and especially on the Faculty of Fisheries and Protection of Waters. It was so impressive for me and it was my way how I knew about USB. Yes, there are many differences from studing in my country.
What was the biggest surprise with regard to studying or living in the Czech Republic?
As it was my first move to abroad, I can say that everything was so new for me.
What was your most memorable experience or what did you enjoy most as a student in the Czech Republic?
As a student the most I enjoyed to work in the foreigner surrounding and share our experiences.
How do you think your time in the Czech Republic has helped your studies and/or your career?
Thanks to study in Czech Republic I learned new experimental techniques and enlarged my professional horizons.
Do you have any advice for students thinking about studying in the Czech Republic?
One of the advice is to choose USB for studying, since I perceive USB as one of the leading institute in Europe!