- Motto: I am a journalist and teacher from Ireland, living in Casablanca. I studied in the Czech Republic at Palacký University Olomouc, as part of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) in International Development. I loved my time in the Czech Republic,
- Country of origin: Ireland
- Situation: Alumni (finished studying in the Czech Republic)
- Higher education institution: Palacky University, Olomouc
- Field of study: International Development
- Level of study: Master
What made you decide to study in the Czech Republic?
I decided to study in the Czech when I was accepted to study an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) in International Development. The first semester was spent at Palacký University Olomouc.
Did your studies meet your expectations? How did you find the study programme, instructors, university facilities? Were there any differences from studying in your country?
My studies exceeded my expectations. the teachers were first-class, the study program was incredibly interesting and engaging, the science faculty was brand new with excellent resources, and the learning experience overall really shaped me as a person and as a student.
What was the biggest surprise with regard to studying or living in the Czech Republic?
The country is incredibly diverse and beautiful, perhaps one of the most beautiful countries I have ever lived in my life.
What was your most memorable experience or what did you enjoy most as a student in the Czech Republic?
I enjoyed traveling around the country and I enjoyed the ambiance of the night-life.
How do you think your time in the Czech Republic has helped your studies and/or your career?
I believe it helped me develop professionally, and I believe my time in the Czech Republic inspired me to study for a doctorate in the future.
Do you have any advice for students thinking about studying in the Czech Republic?
Embrace it, enjoy it, get to know the beautiful history and culture of the Czech people, and travel often.